Thursday, 23 April 2009

Letter of complaint

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to inform you of my disgust at the recent 'Brass Eye' programme entitled 'Peadogeddon'. The fact it took such a serious issue and mocked it to the point where it no longer became funny. I found several aspects of the programme very offensive including the 'art' pictures of a child's face on a woman's body and the showing of a young child's supposedly enhanced breasts.

I understand that you wanted this programme to be perceived as humorous but it was in no way funny as I am sure many viewers would agree. The exploitation of many celebrities in this programme also caused me offence as I was aware many celebrities did not agree to the mocking of paedophilia.

I would like you to reconsider showing programmes like this in future as it causes offence to many viewers who previously enjoy channel 4 programming. I also think you should reconsider airing this programme again as it does not create a good impression for your company.

Yours sincerely,
Rebecca Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment